11 February 2017

Babies...be still my beating heart

I've worked a total of 57 hours this week not counting tomorrow which is when my week ends. By the time my week will have ended I will have worked 74 hours. My first client did not show up with her kid,and she did not pay me. So most of those hours I worked pro bono. I have learned my lesson though...clearly.

Tomorrow, I wake up early and watch two kids (one being a two month old baby) and then at 3:20 I will be watching 4 kids, one also being a 2 1/2 month old and one being a 4 year old. Her older two are nine and ten.My dogs will be spending the day outside all day tomorrow so they don't jump on the babies. It will definitely make me house smell better.

I really love owning my own business, especially one where kids are involved. It gives me meaning and purpose to my life. I have been a recluse every since I was diagnosed and I am active. 

So, my doctor, Dr. Orr, called today to let me know that I need a bone scan because the MRI of my brain and spine showed lictic bone lesions. I go back and see him in March so please say as many prayers as you can because that is basically bone cancer.

My brother and his wife will be here on the 11th. We are going to mom's to eat chicken spaghetti which I can't wait to eat. I can't wait to see my brother either. I just wish he would talk more.

Ever since I was a little girl, I knew that I would grow up to be something special.  I didn’t know what, exactly – maybe famous, maybe a singer or an actress – but I never imagined that I would be special because of cancer.

But having a record-breaking cancer has become my specialty.   When I was diagnosed with terminal Stage IV lung cancer in September of 2015, and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. There is a 0.00001% chance that a person my age will get IPF. But here I am.

Taking one step at a time, day by day against this cancer, and forging on into the unknown against this disease in order to help others is what makes me special.  Here is my story, for whomever it may help.


Love you all and God loves you too,

Shanna xoxoxoxo 


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete