03 September 2016

The Many Adventures of the Brock Family

Today was an adventurous one to say the least! Let me go back to yesterday. I was panicking because I could not catch my breath, so instead of calling my hospice nurse, we decided to go to Parkland. The Emergency Room was great, fantastic even! Then, they admit me. The hospital is a total screw job. The doctor actually had the audacity to tell me that Pulmonary Fibrosis doesn't hurt. Apparently, this man knows very little about IPF. So, besides the doctor being a complete dumbass, apparently the nurses were not much better. They sent PSCHY to come see me. Really, now they think I am crazy? When they asked me if I heard voices, I should have said, no, except for the one standing behind you, but I was afraid I would be locked up and the key would be thrown away. Regardless, I signed out AMA.

I was supposed to meet my brother in Stephensville today to watch my nephews play football. The kiddos and I were so excited to see him. So, we pile in the car and get about 20 minutes outside of Denton and we blow a tire. We waited for the tow truck guy to get there for three and a half hours. The kids and I hid in the car while Kevin rode up front with the tow truck man. That was an adventure in itself. So, we make it home at 10:00 after being gone from the house since 2:00 this afternoon. This was definitely an adventure for us.

I met, well rather, spoke to a woman via Facebook Messenger whose husband is also going through pulmonary fibrosis. He lives here. She is going to help me get my support group up and running. She knows, just like Kevin knows, first hand what it is like to have to be care-givers. I am thrilled to have met her.

While we were driving home, my daughter was watching "The Fault in Our Stars". My husband and I had a good old fashioned cry. I was more of a blubbering mess while Kevin was more controlled with the number of tears he let loose.

In 2015 I was diagnosed with two terminal illnesses. Kevin had known me before my diagnoses and now he has the now. Kevin married someone who he wouldn't get the chance to grow old with, instead only hope for a year at a time. My journey with my illnesses and our love story is so intertwined.

My husband and I spend moments "living in the moment." We don't know where this is all going to take us, but we let it take us be it bad or good. And we do it together. 

We do crave normalcy, not only for us, but for our children as well.

Kevin returns to work on Tuesday and honestly, not having him here to care for me, scares me to death. 

Over the past few weeks, I have found myself back at the beginning. 

In the recent months my health has not been great. As the lesions grow inside my brain, lungs, and spine; I am physically feeling the impacts of cancer. I am in a significant amount of pain between the cancer and the IPF and have to rely on strong painkillers to keep this under control. My ability to cope with my terminal illnesses has taken a big hit. 

I am finding myself crying throughout the day and struggling to cope in social situations. Sometimes, I think I don't have much time left. And I still have so much to do. How am I going to fit it all in?

Life gives me hope. And maybe that is enough for me. It isn't about all the things I do in this life, it is life itself. Just like love...I may not be loved by a lot of people, but I am deeply loved by the people who matter the most. And once again, that is all that matters.

Love you all and truly mean it, and God loves you too,

Shanna xoxo


September is Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness month. Going blue for pulmonary fibrosis awareness month. For $10, I will dye both of my kids hair blue, for $20, I will dye two of my friends hair blue plus my kids. 
For $15.00,you can order blue icing topped cupcakes (a dozen) and I'll dye my kids hair blue.
You will receive a bracelet, notepad, and a pulmonary fibrosis pen just for donating.
Let's go blue for pulmonary fibrosis month and raise money for more research so that one day, there may be a cure! Just click on the link to make your donation http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/shanna-brock/GPFAM2016.

Here is the link to our Go Fund Me Page to help with medical and travel expenses: gofund.me/hope4shanna2016

Official blog Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/shannabananahealthandfitness 

 
Official prayer warrior page for my fight against lung cancer: facebook.com/hope4shanna





No comments:

Post a Comment